Thursday 21 May 2015

Want whiter teeth?




Day 14


Day 6


Day 1


Coconut oil has many uses- which I will do another post on soon - I have been testing it out to see if it can whiten my teeth.
I'm sure you can see from the photos (sorry about the poses!) that it has actually worked and I'm pleased with the result. My only issue is that I didn't start off with all my teeth being the same shade so it makes a uniform 'white' look quite difficult to achieve.
The process (called oil pulling) is a bit labour intensive to be honest, but I did get used to building it into my routine.
I used a teaspoon full of Coconut Oil every night for two weeks. I swilled the oil around my mouth for 5 - 10 mins, then spat out, each night before cleaning my teeth. Many articles online state to do this for about 20 mins - I didn't have the patience for that, but may try it in future, now that I've seen the results.
Because Coconut oil is usually solid until it comes into contact with heat, the texture feels really weird at first and it's a bit of a mind boggle as it's happening. I just tried not to think about it too much, as I prayed for whiter teeth!
It was probably just less than a week when I thought I started seeing results, so I took some pictures and found that there definitely was a difference. I was surprised how much whiter my teeth were. I've used a few different whitening options before but never something natural, so cheap and such a result!
I use Pukka Organic Virgin Coconut oil which is just available in my local health food shop and it's great. As I said, the only thing for me is that not all my teeth are exactly the same colour and I'm not sure how to overcome this without going down the painful and expensive route of teeth whitening. For now, this will just have to do!
There's supposed to be a huge amount of benefits to oil pulling in general, greater oral health, detoxification etc. I have linked some websites down below if you would like to do any further research. It makes for interesting reading. I have found that my skin seems quite clear - not sure if this is a coincidence or not?!

http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/oil-pulling-the-habit-that-can-transform-your-health

http://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/oil_pulling.html



No comments:

Post a Comment