Thursday 14 May 2015

Long lasting nail varnish?

Day 4 - 'For the Stars'


On an impromptu visit to Boots I noticed the new Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing nail varnish. They have a great range of colours, really rich and remind me of sunny, holiday evenings.
I have really oily nails and have tried several gel nail brands in salons and at home. I have to be careful not to use too much hand cream or watch the household chores if I want them to last more than a day. Most of them only last a few days on me and peel off around day 3. I always get chips very quickly too and as soon as I see one I have to take the whole thing off. So I was a bit sceptical when I picked up the Barry M varnish.


Here's 'Boots' lowdown on the product:
Barry M’s new Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint and Topcoat deliver the look and resilience of pro salon gel nails without a UV lamp or the expense! All you need is a Sunset colour and the Sunset Topcoat – no need for a basecoat as the special formulation bonds to the nail like a gel in daylight but can still be removed with a regular remover.

I must say that I actually used a base coat underneath as I didn't want my nails to stain, but I will now be trying it without to see if it lasts any longer.
You have to buy the topcoat, as well as the coloured varnish, which is what actually cures the colour. You apply two thin layers of the colour and then the topcoat once dry.

I was amazed how quickly it dried - it must have been touch dry within about 30 seconds. Usually when I paint my nails I end up ruining them or marking them when they're drying alone. The colour pay off is really good too, very opaque after two coats.

It was Day 4 when I noticed a couple of chips, which is so unusual for me. It may be possible that others with a normal nail would find it lasting even longer. I'm sure I could have kept it on for another couple of days without anyone noticing any chips. However, I have a terrible compulsion to remove all the nail varnish and start again once I see a chip! And I went out and bought two more colours!

Great price, great product!


No comments:

Post a Comment